According to the Corporate Executive Board, nearly 60% of a buyer’s purchasing decision is done before ever having a conversation with a sales person. So how are buyers getting the information they need at the various stages in their journey to purchase? Most are turning to trusted online resources for direction. That is why a solid content marketing program is fundamental to generating awareness and thereby increasing sales.
Achieving ROI With Rich Content Marketing
At PropelGrowth, we can help your financial technology firm develop a rich content marketing program that positions your company as a thought leader and trusted resource in your target niche, and in effect delivers real, quantifiable business results. We leverage best practices in content marketing and our deep financial industry experience to create a series of quality content assets that tell your company’s story over time — giving you the fuel you need to feed a demanding content plan.
“Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times as many leads.” (Source: DemandMetric)
Our Content Marketing Offerings Include:
Integrated Marketing Strategy
As specialists in the capital markets, we can help you design an effective integrated marketing strategy that is backed by our industry expertise. The result is a content marketing strategy that helps you build awareness, attract leads and turn marketing into a revenue center.
Content Marketing Programs
Publishing content on a consistent basis is a phenomenal way to attract leads and educate prospects. But we know that generating enough high quality content to feed an aggressive marketing strategy can be challenging. That’s why we help you build compelling content programs around themes that are important to your target market and aligned with the capabilities your company provides.
The “Buffalo” program provides a series of high quality content assets for use in a year-long lead generation campaign. We call this approach the “buffalo methodology” because we “use every part of the buffalo.” We do extensive research to produce core “premium content” and then leverage the research to produce an extensive portfolio of derivative content links back to the premium content. The outcome is a robust content program that helps you cost-effectively attract qualified leads. A Buffalo includes:
- Research-based premium content such as a white paper, research report, or e-book.
- Derivative content such as articles, blog posts, press announcements, infographics, online events and live events.
- Syndication of content on 3rd party sites to increase findability.
Most leads acquired through lead generation programs are not yet ready to talk to Sales, so they need to be nurtured. According to Forrester Research, companies that excel in nurturing leads generate 50% more sales-ready leads at 33% lower cost. But lead nurturing requires a carefully thought out strategy and a lot of content. We’ll develop highly useful, customer-centric content that can be published on your blog and used in email lead nurturing. Where needed, we also help deploy the program in a marketing automation system. Lead nurturing programs include:
- Strategy for nurturing content based on the questions asked by buyer personas at each stage in their buying process.
- Weekly blog articles of 500-600 words answering specific questions.
- Associated email nurturing campaigns.
Client: Medium-sized financial technology firm
Challenge: Needed to penetrate buy-side including hedge funds, CTAs, asset managers
Outcome: Developed a 2-year content marketing program with PropelGrowth to focus on the needs of large and medium fund managers including buyer persona research, content development and events. This company:
- Exceeded their goals for qualified sales leads two years in a row
- Improved ability to nurture leads through a long (typically 18-months) buying process
- Shifted the market’s perception of them and gained significant brand awareness in the buy-side
- Developed a reputation as thought leaders in their target niches
Client: Large telco
Challenge: Desire to penetrate a new market in financial services
Outcome: As a result of implementing a content marketing program with PropelGrowth, this company:
- Generated 105 qualified sales leads
- Obtained a list of leads in the FX-trading space — a new (and profitable) area that this client previously had no penetration in
Client: Lasalletech, a leading financial technology firm
Challenge: Heavy financial investment in events marketing that wasn’t delivering ROI
Outcome: Greater focus on strategic content marketing instead of events marketing helped Lasalletech:
- Raised awareness about its brand and offering
- Attracted more qualified sales opportunities
- Closed major deals that were won partly on the merits of the firm’s new content
- Acquired by its competitor within a year of shifting its marketing strategy
“One of our major customers came about as a result of an article that PropelGrowth wrote and placed for us. The article was so spot-on that it convinced this particular customer to drop the other vendor they were considering in favor of us.”
— Jacob Northey, Managing Partner, Lasalletech
For help developing a content marketing strategy that reduces fear, enhances brand perception, builds trust, and delivers more closed sales, contact us today at +1 970-300-2280 or email us:
Explore this topic by reading one of the articles below:
How to Evaluate a FinTech Content Marketing Agency
Strategy is Essential to Content Marketing
Developing Buyer Personas for Financial Services