Not all leads are sales ready when you acquire them. Companies go through a process when they buy, and depending on where you’ve caught them in their cycle, they could be 6-24 months away from being ready to engage in a selection and purchasing process. The problem is, most sales people are focused on the opportunities that can close in the next two quarters. So if a prospect is not ready to engage in a buying process when the lead is passed to sales, they often get forgotten as Sales focuses on hitting its quarterly goals.
84% of qualified leads that do not immediately turn into short-term sales slip through the cracks.
~ Aberdeen Group
Typically, sales people will follow up on these longer term leads every few months, when they have time, but the busier they are closing near term opportunities, the less time they have to spend nurturing longer term prospects.
According to Aberdeen Group, 16% of leads that are deemed sales opportunities actually close. Without a formal lead nurturing program, the remaining 84% of qualified leads that do not turn into short-term sales slip through the cracks.
So what do you do with the 84% of qualified leads that remain under-served? How do you prevent them from falling through the cracks and being forgotten? How do you keep your company top of mind until they’re ready?
| Related: 6 Tips for Nurturing Existing Customers
PropelGrowth can help. We offer lead nurturing services to carry on consistent and meaningful communication with your leads, cultivating their awareness of your company, shaping their understanding of their business problem, and influencing their buying cycle. Lead nurturing can help build a case for your solutions, position your company as a thought leader and trusted advisor, and make sure your solutions are top of mind when the lead is ready to engage in a buying process. Lead nurturing is all about building solid relationships — building trust.
PropelGrowth offers a proven, research-driven model for nurturing your leads – touching them regularly and consistently with relevant messages. Our Capital Markets expertise ensures that our messaging is relevant and compelling to your audience. We have a proprietary lead scoring methodology that tracks both offline and online behavior, and we apply lead scoring metrics to ensure that our communications match the lead’s stage in their buying process. We score based on degree of responsiveness, and as scores increase, we promote the leads to our Opportunity Generation program to book them into sales meetings with your sales team.
“Nurtured leads deliver 47% higher average order values.”
~ Aberdeen Group
The return on investment is compelling. Aberdeen found that nurtured leads result in increased opportunity to sales conversion ratios, higher bid-to-win ratios, ad higher average order values.
Contact us to learn how PropelGrowth can help you maximize the value of your lead generation activities and prevent those qualified lead from falling through the cracks.