Blogging, guest blogging and article marketing are critical marketing tactics.
An effective blogging strategy can increase traffic to your website, improve search rankings, and increase the quantity and quality of website-generated leads. B2B companies that blog generate 67% more leads per month on their website than those who do not, according to Hubspot.
A blog is a property your firm controls and ideally should be part of your website or a subdomain. Guest blogging is when you write an article for someone else’s site. This is an effective way to get your content in front of a larger audience. Article marketing is when you publish articles on sites such as Forbes, Huffington Post or trade publications. Again, the goal is to get your content and ideas out to a broader audience.
Done strategically, blogging, guest blogging and article marketing allows you to steadily build a reputation for thought leadership that will pay off big time in the long term. However, it isn’t enough to simply have a blog and regularly publish. You have to have a blogging and article marketing strategy built on qualitative customer research that will allow you to create and publish the RIGHT content in the right places to help achieve your business goals.
But you MUST start with a clear strategy. Otherwise, your blog will either go unnoticed or generate irrelevant traffic. In addition, every article should start with a strategy brief to guide both the writer and reviewers.
How PropelGrowth Helps Develop a Blogging Strategy
PropelGrowth can help you design a customer-centric blogging strategy. Based on our buyer persona research and working with your sales team, we help you:
- Define the strategy for your blog and article marketing.
- Plan content based on specific needs from Sales, Customer Support, and your clients.
- Define a thought leadership strategy to help build awareness and incorporate this into the blogging plans.
- Prepare a detailed blogging plan and editorial calendar.
- Prepare a template and strategy brief for each article.
- Guide your team in writing individual articles
- Ghost write the articles for you, based on interviews with your team.
Get quote for a blogging and article marketing package