“One’s life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, indignation and compassion.”
— Simone de Beauvoir
Last year, our holiday video, while referring to serious sociopolitical events, took a humorous approach. The events of 2018 — both on the world stage and in the lives of the people around us — moved Candyce and me to embrace a more sober course for this year’s video. It feels as though we’re becoming a society in need of more compassion. Like us, I’m sure you’ve heard many stories of friends and family members unfriending one another because of ideological differences. This past Thanksgiving, the media gave tips on how to curtail family political quarrels. It seems that many of these debates are fueled by motivated reasoning rather than judicious discourse. But this doesn’t have to be our collective reality.
This is the season of “peace on earth, goodwill to all.” And we need a reminder that at the end of the day, we’re all human beings. With that in mind, as we slow down this holiday season, let’s consider what is really important to us. Let’s determine to love and respect one another more. Let’s agree to disagree, yet value our relationships. Let’s resolve to care more for one another, to have each other’s backs.
We at PropelGrowth wish you the happiest of holidays as well as a happy and prosperous 2019.
Looking for some positive, uplifting news to read and share? Check out these articles:
- Veteran and His Wife Donate All of Their Worldly Possessions to California Firefighters
- Childhood Cancer Survivors Find Love After Reuniting Years Later at St. Jude
- Teen Ate Lunch Alone for Years, Then the Student Council Stepped In
- CEO Becomes First Crypto Billionaire to Pledge Bulk of His Wealth Towards the Greater Good
- A Message of Hope for a Nation Torn Apart by Sneering and Vitriol
- Santa Kneels To Honor 93-Year-Old WWII Veteran
- 25 Random Acts of Kindness Ideas for the Holiday Season